The fall season is a great time to have a party, but it’s also one of the busiest times in your life. You want to throw an amazing baby shower for your friend, but you don’t have much time or money.
We’ve got just the solution! In this guide, we’ll show you how to throw an awesome Fall themed Baby Shower on a budget that will impress all of your friends and family members.
Here are some ideas for themes, invitations, decorations, food and drink options, and party favors that won’t break the bank. If you follow our tips we promise that everyone at the shower will be impressed with how cute it is while still being affordable!
This post may contain affiliate links.
How to Throw a Fall Baby Shower
Fall is the perfect time to throw a baby shower! The leaves are changing, the weather is starting to cool down and you can create an unforgettable baby shower for this special family.
Depending on the time of year and your location, different types of fall-themed showers will be more suitable. If you’re planning a shower early in fall, you could have an outdoor shower and plan the theme around fall activities like pumpkin or apple picking. If it’s later in the season, it might make more sense to have it indoors and you could do a theme like Football or Halloween.
Or if you can’t decide, you could always do a mix of all different types of fall themes!
Related Post: 7 Tips for Throwing a Successful Baby Shower
Fall Baby Shower Checklist
Ready to start planning? Here’s our ultimate checklist for planning a fall baby shower:
- Decide on a Theme
- Decide on Time and Venue
- Pick a Menu
- Pick out invitations
- Decide if you want to include a virtual option
- Create a guest list
- Send out Invitations
- (If you’re the mom to be) Check your registry and make sure there are enough gifts of all price ranges
- Order Decorations
- Decide what you want to serve
- Create a gift table and decorate it appropriately
- (If applicable) Make a diaper raffle basket or gift basket for guests to pick from for their gift
- Check in with guests who have not sent RSVPs yet
- (if applicable) Schedule Zoom or virtual online meeting
- Assemble decorations around the house wherever they will look best
- Hang streamers, balloons, paper garlands, and other decorations as needed.
- Pick up any ordered food, drinks or desserts
- Enjoy the party!
What to Serve at a Fall Baby Shower
When we think of a menu for a fall baby shower, we instantly go to classic fall food! Some of our favorites are:
Appetizers and dips
- Cornbread with maple cream cheese spread
- Autumn salad
- Pretzels and warm cheese dip
- Chips and salsa
- Squash casserole
- Baked macaroni and cheese
- Mini Pies, like pumpkin or pecan
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Autumn-themed cake or cupcakes
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- S’mores Bar
- Apple Punch (if you’re having a brunch, you could also try these Apple Cider Mimosas)
- Cider – you could get extra festive and make a DIY cider bar with different types of ciders, toppings, and more!
Related Post: Best Foods to Serve at a Baby Shower
Fall Baby Shower Theme Ideas
A few of our favorite fall baby shower theme ideas are:
S’Mores to Love
A Little Boo is Almost Due
A Baby is Brewing
While you don’t have to have a schedule for a baby shower, we like to have a general idea of what will happen throughout the day.
Here’s a sample schedule for a fall baby shower:
1-1:30 pm – Guests arrive and mingle
1:30 – 2 pm – Shower Hostess says a few words and outlines what to expect with when you’re planning food, games and gift opening. This would also be a good time to do a warm up game, like our favorite baby scavenger hunt. This game can help other guests meet each other. If you’re doing a diaper raffle, we recommend introducing it at this time so guests have time to drop off their gift and fill out any raffle entries.
2 – 3 pm – Food and drinks are available
3-4 pm – Baby shower gift opening and diaper raffle. We like to sprinkle raffle prizes in between gifts to keep guests engaged and entertained.
If you’re having part of your shower virtual, this is a great time to have guests log into Zoom!
4-5 pm – Final games and goodbyes
Here are a few of our favorite invitations for a fall baby shower
Here are some of our favorite fall baby shower decoration kits
Fall Baby Shower Games
Here are some of our favorite baby shower games
Favors and Prizes
Here are some of our favorite fall-themed baby shower favors and prizes
A baby shower is a great way to celebrate a new family and welcome your friend’s little one into the world. A themed shower will make it more special and if you can plan ahead of time you can save some money on food, drinks, and decor.
If you’re looking for some other ideas on how to throw an amazing party without spending a ton of money, be sure to check out our other party ideas here.