One of the best things about attending a baby shower is playing all of the fun baby shower games, and everyone loves an entertaining round of bingo!
Baby shower bingo is a bit different from regular bingo because instead of calling out numbers to cross off the cards, guests write down baby items and check them off as the momma-to-be opens her gifts.
It’s a fabulous way to generate conversation and keep your guests entertained during the gift-opening portion of the shower. Throw in a few fun prizes, and you’ll have a baby shower to remember!
Items You’ll Need to Play Baby Shower Bingo
Baby Shower Bingo Cards
First, you’ll want to find baby shower bingo cards to print out for each of your guests. You have a few different options to choose from:
- Blank Baby Shower Bingo Cards: Download cute blank printable baby shower bingo cards like these and use different colors of cardstock depending on the gender of the baby (if known). Your guests can fill in the squares themselves with items they think the momma-to-be will receive. You can either allow guests to repeat things (writing down “baby blankets” more than once) or have all their guesses be different.
- Pre-Filled Baby Shower Bingo Game: Another option is printing out bingo cards with the baby items already filled in. If you’re concerned about time, this might be the way to go so that you’re not taking extra time for your guests to think up enough baby items to fill their cards. Many pre-filled baby shower cards like this one come with an editable template as well as a blank version, so you can choose which one works best.
Pens or Pencils
You can opt for regular pens or pencils or order custom baby shower pens with gender colors, due dates, and more.
If you want to use baby shower bingo markers instead of pens or pencils, here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Wrapped candies like Rolos or Starbursts
- Colored Bingo Chips
- Dot Markers
- Baby cereal puffs
- Cheerios or other kids’ cereal
While you’re not required to laminate your baby shower bingo cards, you can certainly do so if you plan on using them in the future.
Prizes for Winners
Of course, no baby shower bingo game would be complete without some adorable prizes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Gift cards to popular coffee places
- Scented lotion
- Cute potted succulents
- Handmade soaps
- Sugar scrubs and bath fizzies
Related Post: Best Baby Shower Prizes
How to Play Baby Shower Bingo
Now that you’ve done the prep work, it’s time to play! Just follow the instructions and enjoy the fun.
- Step 1: Give each guest a Baby Bingo Card, something to write with, and Bingo markers.
- Step 2: Next, ask them to write down as many baby items as possible in the empty squares (if the cards are blank). You can skip this part if you’ve gone the pre-filled card route!
- Step 3: Explain the rules of the game to everyone. As the momma-to-be opens her gifts, they can cross off that item on their card.
- Step 4: The momma-to-be opens her gifts! Make sure she’s sitting where everyone can see what she’s unwrapping.
- Step 5: Guests mark off items they see on their cards. The first one to 5 in a row shouts, “Baby Bingo!” Keep playing until all the gifts have been opened.
Reminder: It’s best to have multiple prizes available, especially if more than one person has Bingo at the same time.
Related Post: What to Wear to a Baby Shower
Baby Shower Bingo is an excellent way to involve your guests in the gift-opening process and keep everyone entertained. We hope you’ll find this helpful while planning an upcoming shower to celebrate the arrival of a loved one’s bundle of joy!