For thousands of years, pregnancies and babies have called for times of celebration among loved ones. Thanks to this, there are baby shower quotes for every occasion, some dating as far back as Ancient Greece!
For instance, do you know if the mother or father has a favorite author? Including an appropriate quote can be a great way to capture this special time while also being tailored specifically to the couple.
From heartfelt messages to quotes describing how special parenthood is for those having their first or fourth, here’s our ultimate guide to baby shower quotes.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Baby Shower Quotes for Girls
Here are some of our favorite baby shower quotes for girls:
- “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous, full of beauty and forever beautiful, loving and caring, and truly amazing.” – Deanna Beisser
- “She’s a little wildflower, with a lot of warrior underneath.” – Melody Lee
- “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – Shakespeare in A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- “Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will move mountains.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “A little girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “What I wanted most for my baby girl was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky.” – Helen Claes
- “She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes.” – Kate Spade
She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goesKate Spade
Baby Shower Quotes for Boys
Here are some of our favorite baby shower quotes for boys:
- “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
- “The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.” – Jane Austen
- “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” – Maya Angelou
- “The excitement on the face of your baby boy is certainly the most exhilarating part of parenthood.” – Ben Harper
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Boys do not grow up gradually. They move forward in spurts like the hands of clocks in railway stations.” – Cyril Connolly
- “A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.” – Tanya Masse
Baby Shower Quotes for Twins
Having twins is an exciting and rare time for parents. Offer encouragement, provide advice, and spread messages of love and well-being using quotes written just with twins in mind.
Some examples of baby shower quotes for twins include:
- “They’re not just sisters and twins. They’re best friends, and they care genuinely about each other.” ― Chelsi Welch
- “Being a twin is like being born with a best friend.” – Tricia Marrapodi
- “We’re twins, and so we love each other more than other people” ― Louisa May Alcott in Little Men
- “She considered being a twin one of the highest honors she could ever receive” ― Louisa May Alcott in Little Men
- “Sometimes miracles come in pairs.” – Richard Branson
Gender Neutral Baby Shower Quotes
For boys or girls, singletons or twins, these gender-neutral baby shower quotes capture the essence of the excitement and hope a new baby brings:
- “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” — Vincent Van Gogh
- “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” — Jared Padalecki
- “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.” – Debasish Mridha
- “There really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” – Anne Lamott
- “The jewel of the sky is the sun, the jewel of the house is the child.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Words can not express the joy of new life.” – Hermann Hesse
Religious Baby Shower Quotes
If the expecting parents are religious or spiritual, Bible verses and religious messages can be some of the best baby shower quotes to include in a card or book. These quotes can impart invaluable advice, spark inspiration and hope, and invoke the excitement of having a new baby in the home.
Here are a few examples:
- “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” — Roland Leonhardt
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” — Jeremiah 1:5
- “I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us.” — Charles Dickens
- But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 19:14
- “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.” — Kate Douglas Wiggin
Hopeful Baby Shower Quotes
For non-religious parents, there is still an abundance of inspiring, hopeful quotes to include with your message.
Examples of these include:
- “Every child begins the world anew.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “With every newborn baby a little sun rises.” – Irmgard Erath
- “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.” — Sigrid Leo
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
- “Like stars are to the sky, so are the children to our world. They deserve to shine!” — Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” — Eda J. Le Shan
- “How wonderful life is, while you’re in the world.” – Elton John
Additional Baby Shower Quotes and Wishes
Quotes can be a unique way to express your excitement for a new bundle of joy while connecting with the parents. By using the right quote, you can capture the essence of parenthood, from the tender moments to the important milestones; provide timeless advice; and more.
However, while quotes can be the perfect way to sign a card or baby book, you may want something more personal, such as a wish of your own.
There are thousands of well-wishes to choose from. But, with a little bit of time, and using your knowledge of the family, you can come up with a variety of heartfelt ideas for writing in a baby book or the perfect message to include in a baby shower card. In these guides, you’ll also find more helpful tips and advice for choosing the perfect baby shower quotes or wishes.
For longer messages in cards, quotes can be paired with well wishes and even a personal message. In this case, you may find it best to include the quote first, followed by your personal thoughts, and close with a message of well wishes for the baby and the new parents.