A sip and see party is a wonderful way for family and friends to meet your precious new baby while enjoying some refreshments. To make it even more entertaining and memorable, adding a few fun sip and see party games will make the event even more fun!
Games are popular to play at baby showers and just as popular to play at Sip and See parties.
This article offers some exciting sip and see party games that will be enjoyed by guests of all ages.
As you plan your special celebration, choosing the perfect mix of games will encourage both the young and the young-at-heart to participate and interact.
These activities will not only provide amusement to your partygoers but will also create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for the new addition to your family.
So, let’s dive into some creative and engaging game ideas for your upcoming sip and see gathering.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Why You Need Sip and See Party Games
Games are a key component to any sip and see party. They create a fun and engaging atmosphere for your guests, allowing them to connect and bond with each other.
As a host, incorporating games into your event will help break the ice and encourage everyone to participate.
One of the main goals of a sip and see is to introduce your new baby to family and friends. Therefore, choosing games that revolve around the baby can be an excellent idea.
For instance, you might consider a guessing game that involves baby facts or a lighthearted quiz about parenting. These activities will not only entertain your guests, but also stimulate conversation about your little one.
In addition to fostering connections between guests, games can also serve as a way to keep the party moving along smoothly.
They can fill in any downtime and ensure that guests are constantly engaged. Furthermore, incorporating prizes for the winners can add an extra layer of excitement and appeal.
Remember to keep your games simple and easy to understand so that people of all ages and backgrounds can participate. You may even want to consider the specific interests of your guests when planning your games.
For example, if most of your friends and relatives enjoy solving puzzles, a baby-related riddle might be the perfect addition to your event.
In conclusion, games are a crucial aspect of any successful sip and see party. They help create a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere for all of your guests, encouraging them to connect with one another and stay engaged throughout the event.
With a blend of thoughtful planning and attention to detail, you can choose the perfect games for your special occasion.
Planning the Games
When it comes to playing games at a Sip and See party, you’ll want to consider a few things:
Selecting Appropriate Games
When planning games for your sip and see party, consider the preferences of both the parents and the guests. Choose games that are easy to understand, fun for everyone, and have minimal setup and cleanup requirements.
Here are some ideas for games that can be enjoyed by all ages:
- Baby Word Scramble: Provide a list of scrambled baby-related words for guests to unscramble.
- Guess the Baby Food: Have guests try to identify different types of baby food by taste or smell.
- Diaper Raffle: Ask guests to bring a pack of diapers for a chance to win a prize.
Sip and see parties usually last about two to three hours. To keep the event relaxed and enjoyable, don’t have too many games lined up. Plan for around two to four games, depending on how long each takes to play.
Allow for mingling and downtime in between games. You can use a simple schedule to help you plan:
- 2:00 – Guests Arrive
- 2:30 Game 1 (Diaper Raffle, Baby Alphabet Game, Baby Word Scramble, etc.)
- 3:00 – Refreshments and Break
- 3:30 – Game 2
Considering the Guest List
When planning games, take into account the demographics of your guest list, ensuring that games can be enjoyed by everyone in attendance. Here are some tips for making the games accessible:
- For mixed-age groups, choose games that can be tailored to different difficulty levels.
- If there are expectant mothers or those with mobility issues in your guest list, consider games that can be played while sitting down.
- Provide alternative games for those who may not want to participate in certain activities, such as non-alcoholic options in a game involving sips of drinks.
Popular Sip and See Party Games
Ready to play some games? Here are the most popular games to play at a Sip and See party.
Organize a fun game of Gift Bingo to keep your guests entertained while the new parents open their presents. Here’s how to play:
- Prepare bingo cards in advance with a 5×5 grid. Fill each square with common baby items (diapers, onesies, bibs, etc.).
- Hand out the bingo cards and pens to your guests as they arrive.
- As the gifts are being opened, have guests mark off any items on their bingo card that match the gifts.
- The first guest to get five in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) shouts “Bingo!” and wins a small prize.
This game keeps everyone engaged and adds excitement to the gift opening process.
Have your guests make predictions about the baby’s future with a game of Baby Predictions. Here’s how to set it up:
- Provide each guest with a prediction card and pen.
- Ask them to fill in their predictions for the baby’s height, weight, eye color, hair color, and other fun categories.
- Collect all the cards and read them aloud for everyone to enjoy.
You can also save these prediction cards as a keepsake for the baby to enjoy when they’re older.
Guess Who: Baby Photo Edition
Put your guests’ baby knowledge to the test with Guess Who: Baby Photo Edition. Here’s how to play:
- Ask your guests to bring a baby photo of themselves to the party.
- Number the back of each photo and display them on a wall or table.
- Provide guests with a numbered list and a pen.
- Have your guests write down their guesses for which baby photo belongs to each guest.
- The guest with the most correct guesses wins a small prize.
This game is a great icebreaker, especially if not everyone knows each other well. It’s sure to spark conversation and laughter as everyone tries to figure out who’s who.
DIY Sip and See Party Games
Want to make games yourself? Here are some popular DIY game ideas.
Host a fun and creative onesie decorating station at your sip and see party. To set this up, you’ll need:
- Plain white onesies in various sizes
- Fabric markers or paints
- Stencils (optional)
- Iron-on patches (optional)
Encourage your guests to get imaginative by designing unique onesies for the new baby. You can set a theme or provide example designs for inspiration.
This activity will not only be entertaining for attendees but also provide personalized and memorable gifts for the new parents.
Baby Food Tasting
Put your taste buds to the test with a baby food tasting game. You will need:
- Several jars of store-bought baby food
- Small spoons
- Paper and pens
- Blindfolds (optional)
- Remove or cover the labels on each jar of baby food.
- Assign a number to each jar.
- Pass around the jars, and ask your guests to taste and guess the flavor of each baby food.
- Have them write down their guesses on a piece of paper.
- After everyone has tasted all the jars, reveal the correct answers.
- Whoever has the most correct guesses wins!
You can make this game more challenging by adding blindfolds, or by mixing a couple of flavors together.
Time Capsule Making
Create a timeless treasure for the new baby by having guests contribute to a time capsule. You will need:
- A sturdy container or box
- Pens and paper
- Miscellaneous items related to the baby’s birth year (optional)
- Set up a table with the container, pens, and paper.
- Ask your guests to write a short note, prediction, or piece of advice for the baby to read when they’re older.
- Encourage them to include small items or memorabilia from the current year if they wish.
- Collect all the notes and items, and place them into the time capsule.
- Seal the container, and give it to the new parents to be opened on a specific date, like the child’s 18th birthday.
By incorporating these DIY sip and see party games, you’ll create an engaging and memorable event for all your guests.
Digital Games for Virtual Sip and See
In today’s digital age, virtual sip and see parties are becoming increasingly popular. With friends and family members spread across the globe, hosting an online gathering is a great way to connect and celebrate the arrival of a new baby.
Here are some fun and engaging digital games you can incorporate into your virtual sip and see party.
Bingo Baby Edition
Create personalized bingo cards featuring baby-related items such as diapers, pacifiers, and onesies. Send the cards to your guests ahead of the party and have them mark off the items as they appear on screen during the celebration.
The first guest to complete a row (vertically, horizontally, or diagonally) wins a prize.
Guess the Baby
Before the party, ask your guests to send you baby pictures of themselves. During the virtual event, you can display the photos on screen and challenge everyone to guess who’s who. This game is an excellent way to break the ice and encourage guests to interact with each other.
Virtual Scavenger Hunt
Come up with a list of baby-themed items for your guests to search for in their homes. You can make it fun by including items of different colors, textures, or requiring guests to find something that reminds them of the parents-to-be.
Once everyone has gathered their items, each person can share their findings and why they chose them.
Remember to cater the games to your guests’ preferences and the virtual sip and see theme.
Most importantly, have fun and enjoy celebrating the new addition to your family with your loved ones.