So, you’re gearing up to host a baby shower and want to add some fun and excitement to the mix? Well, you’re in luck because today, we’re diving into how to play the classic Baby Shower Price is Right game.
Trust me when I say this game is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will have everyone buzzing with laughter and anticipation. Let’s get this party started!
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
What is the Baby Shower Price Is Right Game?
First things first, let’s talk about what this game is all about. Inspired by the famous TV show “The Price Is Right,” this game puts your guests’ pricing skills to the test.
The idea is simple yet thrilling – participants guess the prices of baby items, and the one who comes closest to the actual cost without going over wins! It’s a fabulous way to keep everyone engaged and entertaining throughout the shower.
Now, onto the nitty-gritty – what do you need to make the Baby Shower Price Is Right Game a smashing success? Luckily, the list is short and sweet:
- Baby items: Gather a selection of baby products, ranging from diapers and bottles to toys and clothing. Make sure to conceal the prices! To keep things simple, you can use gifts mom has received (though this may give some guests the upper hand if they are the giver of the gift), or you can purchase a selection of gifts yourself and set them up for guests to guess.
- Pen and paper: Provide each guest with a pen and paper to jot down their guesses.
- Prizes: Don’t forget to have a fantastic prize ready for the lucky winner!
How to Play
This game can be played in a number of ways, whether it be simultaneously or individually. It’s also a great opener for guests arriving at the shower, having this be something they do right away and look forward to hearing who won at the end of the shower!
Okay, let’s break down the rules so everyone knows how to play:
- Display the baby item on a table, making sure to hide their prices.
- Invite guests to examine the items and write down their guesses for each product’s price.
- Once everyone has made their guesses, reveal the actual prices one by one.
- Have guests tally up how far off their guesses were from the correct prices. The person with the smallest total difference wins!
Ah, the sweet reward for the ultimate price-guessing champion! Here are some prize ideas to get those competitive juices flowing:
- Gift cards: Who doesn’t love a little shopping spree?
- Spa treats: Treat the winner to some well-deserved relaxation.
- Self Care Goodies: Maybe some scented lotions, nail polish, body washes, etc.
For more prize ideas and inspiration, visit our list of the best baby shower prizes.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few insider tips to ensure your game runs smoothly:
- Keep it varied: Include a healthy mix of high and low-priced items to keep things interesting.
- Set the mood: Play some lively music in the background to ramp up the excitement.
- Get creative: Feel free to add your unique twist to the game, like incorporating themed decorations or props.
Free Baby Shower Price Is Right Printable
To make your life even easier, we’ve whipped up a free printable for the Price is Right game! Simply download, print and you’re ready to roll. Click here to download your free printable!
More Popular Baby Shower Games
Looking for more ways to entertain your guests? Check out these other popular baby shower games:
- Baby Bingo: This is a classic baby shower game and is so easy to play. Really it only requires two things: a bingo card and a pen. As gifts are opened, guests mark off the items that mom receives, and whoever gets 5 in a row wins!
- Guess the Baby Food: This one requires you to purchase several baby food flavors, cover the labels, and allow guests to guess which flavors they are. (They can examine, smell, and even taste the contents if they’re feeling brave!)
- Diaper Raffle: To get people excited about the baby shower, consider doing a diaper raffle! We share everything you need to know about it in our post! Be sure to mention it on the invitation to give your guests a heads-up!
That’s Everything You Need
And there you have it – everything you need to know to host an unforgettable Baby Shower Price is Right game! With a little hint of competition and a whole lot of laughter, you’re guaranteed to create lasting memories for the mom-to-be and her guests.
So, roll out the red carpet, set up those baby items, and let the games begin!
Best Baby Shower Games
Looking for more fun games to play? Here are a few of our favorites: